It’s been an odd couple of months here at Heartstone. This weekend is just another example of busy, but not busy, weekends.
Jerry’s company is expanding their office so he is at work setting up workstations for pretty much the entire company. I forget sometimes just how hard he really works. Between servers shutting down, the move, and looking for new employees his life is constantly moving.
My work is about to get busy with testing, FSA, Florida State Assessments, start Monday. This is stressful for all involved. For interpreters, it’s a lot of sitting around waiting to see if the student needs anything interpreted. So..on the other hand..not busy at all. It is mentally exhausting though to sit quietly for hours without being able to occupy your mind by reading or…well…anything.
Nutmeg’s life…well…as far as a cat’s life she is living it up now that it’s warmer outside. She spends most weekends on the porch watching the passersby and making sure that no other cats try to take her territory. She also protects the house from lizard marauders.
I’m hoping next month we’ll be able to head to Disney. I know Star Wars Weekends are coming up and that is always fun.
Wow…forty eight years. That’s a lot of leveling. I just read today that EverQuest is 16 years old today. Wow…seems longer….anyway, forty eight years..and I’m thankful for each lesson learned over the nearly half a century. OMG….What?!? Ok…couple more years…whew…
Today has been okay. I got up and had waffles for breakfast. YAY! Then, I took a shower in our new remodeled bathroom. Took myself to see Cinderella. It was good. The Frozen Fever short before had was really cute. I, like Olaf, want to cuddle all the Snowgies.
After the movie, I headed to Starbucks to get my free Frappuccino birthday drink. That didn’t happen. The young man at the register ended up charging me 🙁
Not wanting to let the Frappuccino fail get to me, I headed to Tijuana Flats to get some nachos. I love nachos…. Anyway, they gave me extra guacamole. SCORE!! So yummy! #nom
Jerry surprised me with flowers! This was on top of the over the top gadget gifts.
So yeah….Arriving at Level 48 is pretty cool. 😀
I’m starting a new chapter in my life. At 11:30am I will be undergoing some dental surgery that will leave me to becoming a denture wearer. Maybe I will use “dental prosthetic wearer” as it doesn’t have as much stigma. I’m really anxiously/calm right now. I just want it to be over at this point.
Jerry has taken today and tomorrow off to care for me. Not that there will be much to do. I’m pretty sure I’ll just be a couch potato for the next few days.
I knew this day was coming but it doesn’t prepare you for the feelings of “OMG, I’ve failed myself” No…genetics and underlying autoimmune diseases failed my teeth. I always grew up with the dentists saying “you have teeth just like your dad” Yup…even he wore dental prosthetic. I thought I had been lucky, and I guess I have because I made it to nearly my 48th birthday. 11 days until the birthday…in case you still need to pick out a gift.
I really like the dentist that is doing the surgery today. I feel completely confident in his treatment plan.
So there ya have it. I, Jeanne M. Sutton, be the end of today will be a dental prosthetic wearing goddess.
So…On Valentine’s day I knocked out one of my front lower teeth. I knew it was loose and I needed to get to a dentist but I was hoping to wait for spring break so I wouldn’t have to take time off work. My mouth had other ideas. Got into a dentist on the 19th and told me that I had periodontal issues and would need the rest of my lower incisors extracted, wait a week for healing, come in for impressions, and then in 2 weeks I would get a partial denture. My world crumbled. I know I’m almost 48, but I was too young for dentures.
A week later, and a whole lot of internet research, I’m not too young/old for dentures. In fact there are tons of people out there who have dentures since they were in their 20’s. I couldn’t imagine going three weeks with no teeth so I called Dr. Davis and was able to get in to see him this morning. Exam, done. Impressions, done. I will be having my three remaining lower incisor teeth pulled next Thursday and my partial denture will be given to me that day. Not three weeks later. YAY! I’m killing my sick leave but I now know that I need to get on this mouth issue ASAP. Of course, I knew that periodontal disease can cause health problems but I was in denial. Even though my father had periodontal issues. In fact, I think he had the same kind of partial I’m getting. I’m sure my Hashimoto’s and diabetes aren’t helping my mouth health at all. UGH….so overwhelmed but looking forward to getting this started.
I know that this probably isn’t the end of my dental problems either. My upper incisors are splaying out but aren’t loose so we aren’t doing anything with them. Yet… I am hoping invisaligners but who knows…
I want to thank KALinJAX and her YouTube channel, and website for helping me with the courage factor. You are an inspiration to many and I am grateful that people like you are out there making us fraidy cats feel a little better. I know my situation isn’t the same as yours but the same feelings are there.
So there you have it….another little speed bump in life that keeps things interesting. I’m hoping that is the only speed bump for a while.
Wow…February already. Jerry and I just finished some grilled wings and some gluten free nachos. This was the first time we have attempted wings. I have to say they were very delicious. I found some Wing-time Buffalo Sauce that is gluten free. Jerry isn’t a fan of hot wings so we grilled then naked and then I dipped mine. I prefer this anyway as I get annoyed at really messy wings. I used say, “the messier the food the better”. Yeah…I think my ocd is morphing.
For this month’s #30daychallenge I want to thank Steph Lake for the inspiration. She posted a picture of her violin and mentioned how she was going to practice. I have been looking longingly at my piano and wondering why I don’t just play. I used to love it. For the next 30 days I’m going to practice everyday. I put in 30 minutes today. It was good and horrible at the same time. I tried to play things that I had mastered in college and my fingers didn’t want to work. Back to basics, scales and drills until my fingers become limber again. I did get through, although not perfectly, part of a Mozart Sonata. I <3 Mozart!
I know that there are only 28 days in February so I’m going to be overlapping into March. No clue what I’m doing for that challenge….one month at a time….
Thirty day challenge complete with this post!! I have to say this has really opened my eyes to how lucky I am. I already know that I was lucky, this just confirmed it.
Three things I’m grateful for today:
- Gadgets. I love them. The reason I’m grateful for them is that I love how they can make my life easier. From my phone that can pretty much keep on eye on the house, turn on lights, change the temperature to the toaster that warms up my waffles. Gadgets are great.
- Weekends. This week has been strange. Okay..let’s face it..work since Christmas break has been strange. I feel like I’m working for the weekends lately. I plan to not think about work.
- My friends on Google+. They constantly amaze me with their posts that often spark old interests and get me involved in things that I would otherwise ignore. Yup…I’m that person. Because of Google+ I have found the next #30daychallenge. More on that tomorrow.
It’s bittersweet to say good night to this challenge. I’ve learned something about myself. I am inherently lazy. I almost did a post everyday. I’m proud about that. I had to stop and thing about all the blessings in my life…so that’s cool too. My next challenge won’t require a post everyday which my streams will be happy about that. Come on..I know….”OMG, Why is she posting AGAIN!!” came out of your mouths recently.
Woo hoo…it’s getting close to 30 days…
Three things I’m grateful for:
- When life removes people from life that cause me stress. Yup….I’m grateful for that. It sounds mean but a day free from the negativity really does a lot for my soul.
- Coffee Mate Peppermint Mocha creamer. I’m so happy it’s a year round flavor. It’s my favorite. I know I should cut it out of my eating but…yeah..try dealing with me without that 😛
- Tomorrow is Friday. I know..I should save this for tomorrow but really the idea of tomorrow being the last day of the work week lets me know that I can survive. It’s been one heck of a week and I’m so happy that tomorrow it’s coming to an end. Although, it’s looking like next week is going to be a doozy. One day at a time…right?
In other news, the bathroom tile is done. No one has been here this week to work on the bathroom at all. It really gets frustrating. They still need to paint and then install all the stuff. (Lights, toilet, sink, cabinet, mirror, etc.) I’m hoping before Valentine’s day..but I’m not going to hold my breath. Original target date was December 15th.
Rough Odd day at work. Need to get these three things down to heal my soul.
- That I work with some of the most supportive people. It’s nice to know you aren’t alone and that people are feeling the same way.
- The contractor actually answered a text today with helpful information. No specifics but I’ll take it..I’m grateful for it.
- That we are on the downhill towards the weekend. I need Friday to be here now!!
Three things I’m grateful for:
- Pizza hut offering gluten free pizza. We tried it tonight and it was okay. Not great, the crust was too hard. The toppings were yummy and so far my tummy feels okay.
- That I’m not in management. I like being an employee. No one to look after but myself 🙂
- Braunschweiger. Jerry thinks it’s gross but I just love it. It’s a little high in Cholesterol but mine is under the normal range so….I’m good. (yes..this overweight woman has the blood panel of a healthy person..go figure)
This is a hard challenge. I’m actually looking forward to February 1st. Still don’t know what I’m going to do for my #30 day challenge for February though (wait…28 day challenge??..hmmm)
OMG I nearly forgot to post my three things I’m grateful for…
- Coco-roons. These yummy brownie bites are so good. It says bet you can’t eat just one on the package, but honestly, done quite satisfying. #nom
- A husband that gives in to my “I don’t want to cook” hissyfits. We got take out from Longhorn. Mmm…steak and shrimp!
- Friends. Thank you for putting smiles on my face and making me laugh. I know I’m not always the easiest person to…tolerate..so I thank you.