We’re just a few days away from another Holiday season. I’m move hesitantly towards it. I’m feeling okay right now but there have been a few days recently where the crying jags have sprung up. Really missing Mom and Dad…
I have lots of things to be thankful for (in no particular order):
- health – it’s not perfect but I know where my problems are.
- marriage – I’ve married my best friend. I can’t imagine life without him.
- memories – that might need to be part of health because I can recall vivid details of things that have happened. I feel lucky to have so many wonderful memories of my Mom and Dad and family.
- my family – it seems my family is in turmoil…sure I’m sad but just like the loss of my parents I can look back on the good memories.
- Jerry’s family – I’m so happy to have the privilege of belonging to this family.
- stability – Sure the budget gets tight at times but right now we are doing okay.
- friends – Although some maybe miles away and we might not speak often enough, I think of you often. ♥
I’m sure I could go on and on listing things that I’m thankful for but that can be tedious. Sometimes, I am even thankful for the bad things that have happened in my life because they have helped shape me to be the person that I am.
I hope all my readers have a wonderful and safe holiday this Thanksgiving. Try to avoid the food coma 🙂 Maybe I should create an evil villain called Dr. Tryptophan that puts people into a food coma..MUWAHAHAHA!